What is personal information?
We collect personal information when:
- You provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration, comment or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products, or when the information is publicly available. If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
- You visit this website we collect anonymous information such as your IP address or domain name to analyse site traffic for "visits" but this information is not tied to a given user's personal information. This information is collected and stored via Google Analytics.
- You make a purchase on our website certain types of sensitive information, such as financial information, may be collected. We do not receive or retain copies of this information on our server. We redirect visitors to a secure server to complete these transactions and all data is both collected and stored by these processors. Our current payment gateway is Patronbase.
Protecting your personal information
What rights you have over your data
EU citizens under the GDPR, you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us
- the right to restrict processing
- be informed of what data processing is taking place
- the right to data portability
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority
Where we send your data
Who on our team has access to your personal data
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. If our partners are working on this website, they too may have access to the information provided.
For example, Administrators can access:
- Analytics information
- Comments information
- Contact form information
- Legal Requests: We may disclose your personal data if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms and Conditions.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose personal data with your consent or at your direction.
Accessing, correcting or deleting your personal information
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
Contact Us: If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
Joining our mailing list is optional and if you have signed up to our mailing list and would like to unsubscribe, simply email us with "Unsubscribe" in the subject area, and you will be removed immediately, along with your data on MailChimp's database. Alternatively, all emails sent via MailChimp also have an unsubscribe link in the footer.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
We do not forward or on-sell the email addresses on our mailing lists to anyone.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor's IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Social media platforms and widgets
Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Most browsers support cookies, but users can set their browsers to decline them and can delete them whenever they like.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
ols use "session cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form.
The information generated by the Google Analytics cookie about your use of the website, including your IP address, is transmitted to and stored by Google outside New Zealand. The tracking data is stored in a database managed by Google. The tracking data is then used by Google to compile statistical reports on website activity for us to evaluate site use. This allows us to
- discover what information is most and least used
- determine technical design specifications, and
- help make our sites more useful to visitors.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can set your browser to reject cookies. However, you will not be able to take full advantage of our website if you do so.
Links to other websites
Embedded content from other websites
Our third party data processors
MailChimp when opting-in to our newsletter
Google Analytics provides analytics when visiting this website
Mailgun plugin when emailing us
About this website's server
All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
Changes to this policy
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org